Tango for Fast Learners Crash Course
3rd week of each month, 4 hrs
- Mondays from 7-9pm, followed for social dance at Asura Bistro, 235 W 35th st
- Wednesdays 7-9pm for the LGBT community, followed for social dance at Asura Bistro, 235 W 35th st
- Saturdays from 2-4pm, followed for social dance at Asura Bistro, 235 W 35th st
Have dance experience, and are looking to challenge yourself with something new? Try our Tango for Fast Learners Crash Course! The course is designed specifically for students with any previous dance background who are looking to dive into Argentine Tango. Students will be introduced to basic and advanced combinations – all they need to dance with elegance and style at milongas. Two hours of class are followed up by two hours of social dancing with students and staff at one of our nearby practica venues, so you can take what you have learned and try it out on the floor! Join us and discover the beauty and elegance of Argentine Tango today.
- No partner needed
- No tango experience required
- Leather soled shoes are required
Program: Fundamentals, posture, embrace, feet positions, musicality, connection, navigation, Caja continuada, Baldoza, paso basico, decorations, back ocho, parada, sandwich and resolution combination. Etiquette at milongas (social dancing).
Classes at Pearl Studios, 500 8th ave, 12th fl.